Basic connection services are provided to the following customers:
- Small business customers (with needs that are less than 100 amps per phase)
- Customers who wish to install solar panels, batteries and/or small wind turbines on their premise (micro embedded generators) with a generating capacity of 30kW or less (max 10kW per phase).
These customers must meet the following criteria:
- There is supply to the premise and only a single point of connection
- There is no on-sale of electricity to other customers within the premise (ie embedded network)
- For overhead powerlines: there is no more than 45 metres of powerline extensions from the distribution pole to the premise, and there is a maximum of 20 metres of powerline extensions within the premise boundaries
- For underground connections: there is an existing pit next to the premise boundary and the pit does not need any upgrades.
Negotiated Connection Services are provided to the following customers:
- Commercial customers (e.g. real estate developers, large businesses)
- Industrial customer (e.g. manufacturers)
- Residential customers where a network extension or upgrade (‘augmentation’) is required (eg pole to pit or rural supply areas)
You must contact your retailer of choice to request any changes to your supply of electricity. This includes any requests for turning supply on or off due to moving in or out of premise.
- Abolishing supply (or removing an electricity connection) due to building being planned for removal, relocation or demolition. A supply abolishment request results in United Energy removing the electricity meter and overhead service line from the premise. Underground services and other network assets are not removed.
- Once the connection has been removed, the National Metering Identifier (NMI) associated with the connection will be retired.
No Go Zones is an initiative to help everyone keep a safe distance from electricity, wherever they work.
Remember, before you start work near overhead or an underground network, you may need a Permit to Work. If required, this permit will detail the conditions and methods you must adhere to in order to carry out your work.